Interview with Andrea Bonavita, MIFA Pro Photographer of the Year 2015.
1. What is your background?
I’m a graphic designer and photographer and I love paragliding motor.
I like to combine my two passions: take beautiful aerial photographs while paragliding.
2. What is an integral part of the work of an artist?
Passion. A job must be your passion to enthuse others.
3. What art do you identify with most?
Of course I identify with photography and painting mainly, but I find that music is also a wonderful source of inspiration.
4. What do you most enjoy doing?
Aerial photos. When I fly and take pictures in beautiful locations.
5. What is your favorite work of art?
I like many forms of art, from photography, film to theater
6. Describe a real life situation that inspired you?
Lifestyle of many people today, the way they perceive the world and the way they live. They are so blind. They barely let go off their smartphone and if they do they do it to watch TV. When you fly you can see clearly how world goes in the wrong direction.
7. What jobs have you done nothing but be an artist?
I used to work as bartender, mason, blacksmith (2 days), trader, ballet master.
8. What food, drink, music inspired?
Ludovico Einaudi's music is wonderful and I find it ideal for my showreel and inspiration
9. What do you dislike about the art world?
That it is not for everyone. You must be lucky enough to be noticed by the right person at the right time. If you're good, but you are not noticed by right people who matter, you’re not going anywhere
10. What is your dream project?
Six months camper, paramotor trip. I will do it when I'm older and have children.