Entry Title: "THE SON OF MAN: THE XXI CENTURY TO UTOPIA AND BEYOND"
Category and Expertise: Fine Art;Portfolio, Professional
Entry Description: Clearly inspired by the famous painting "Le fils
de l'homme" by Rene Magritte, this series of
images is to present a brief ironic overview about
the "quality" of modern Western society.
As the original work, the project hides a
criticism which is partly made explicit by the
choice of the title given to single images.
The figures, taken from the world of comics and
the film industry, offer a hint for meditating on
the ideologies, political choices, tendencies of
thought and mechanisms typical of our society:
1. The homogenisation of thinking with the
consequent difficulty in recognizing what is
beautiful in what is different;
2. The lust for money, synonymous of
consumerism and self-achievement;
3. The choice of being a part of a corrupt system
which would overwhelm them,otherwise;
4. The connotation of a male society, which makes
more and more often use of sexual images for
5. The tragic consequences to which the refusal
of such a system leads, for those who decide to
"get out of the box";
6. The madness inside acceptance, as well as the
worship of a reality suitable for a few giants who
walk trampling on the heads of the crowd forced to
contend the cold shadowy areas.